Wednesday, 29 January 2014

The Owl and the Pussycat Organise

I had such fun making this little
concertina book of
The Owl and the Pussycat 
(very abridged!)
from Lisa Patencio's Soul Food lesson.

I totally failed at photographing this book
as it should be (the light is dreadful again 
today) so flattened it out and scanned 
it instead.  I hope you get the idea.



There was lots of paint rolling,
stencilling and stamping for the background,
on which my very basic owl and pussycat
characters fall in love.
I really need to loosen up with my 
character drawing -
Lisa made it look so easy :/

From the same background sheet I've got 
another 5 books and I'm looking forward to 
having a go illustrating
 some of my own stories :)

*

The next Life Book 2014 lesson was with
Kelly Hoernig,
and we were tasked to pick 3 favourite things
and create a journal page with them.

Kelly created a beautiful vintage inspired page,
but being a child of the 60's/70's I am always drawn 
to the retro images and colours of that time.
I based my page around the comic book image of
the girl that I've had in my stash for a million years,
waiting for the right project to use it on (NOW!).
I also chose flowers as one of my favourites 
along with colourful sweetie wrappers.

The comic book girl has my word for 2014
- ORGANISE -
always on her mind! 

Onto the next lessons!

XXX



8 comments:

BadPenny said...

These are both so funky & happy Jo.
Love the pussycat !

Used-to-Bees said...

Great when you finally get the right chance to use something from a stash! Your colour choices make up for the general drabness round these parts...
x

Virginia said...

Oh they are gorgeous!

trisha too said...

NICE pages! A "real life" friend (as opposed to an "imaginary," ie, computer friend), called me today, and was telling me about the Soul Food classes.

What a coincidence!

:)

Linda said...

love the colors in your whimsical book and I really love that comic book image with your page. You sure are having fun with your classes!

Carmen said...

I love your owl and pussycat - for such simple figures their expressions say so much. Very mischievous looking!

I also hoard images from magazines and postal stamps for 'best'. I love what you did with this one!

missy k said...

Lovely work Jo....

The image of the girl is gorgeous...

Karen x

Eileen said...

You're doing well with your lessons and staying organised.
I like the owl the best :-)