Tuesday, 25 February 2014

3 Little Birds.....


Rise up this mornin',
Smile with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Each by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
("This is my message to you-ou-ou")

Thank you, Bob!


(wheeeeee!)

Playing with another
Soul Food lesson,
this one taught by Zorana Land,

I created 3 little birds.

(Restin' awhile)
Zorana introduced the class to a wonderful
paint that I haven't played with before -
Golden Fluid Acrylic
Iridescent
Bronze (Fine)
(many thanks to Carmen for finding
the cheapest place to buy it!)

It's like liquid gold,
and when water is added the pigment
starts to separate and a wonderful
greenish tinge is achieved.
Magic!
At least it does when the teacher does it,
I need to have some more playtime
because I didn't really achieve the effect
I was hoping for, but I really enjoyed
trying :)
(To be fair to myself the colour looks
better 'in the flesh' than in the photos).

(Polly)
I'm getting spraytastic now
with a Life Book lesson
taught by Tam.
It's very colourful!

XXX


9 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh your 3 little birdies are fabulous Jo...and I've got that song playing in my head now LOL!! :)

BadPenny said...

aww bless them ( the middle one is my favourite )

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful and fun birds.
Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Terri Corona said...

Oooh, how fun. I have 3 or 4 iridescent golden acrylic colors (which I almost never think to use), but of course I don't have the bronze one - I don't think I've seen it before. I'll be on the lookout now!

missy k said...

They are so sweet .... Polly is my favourite :)

Glad to hear Luke is feeling a bit better.... GF is not much fun :(

Karen x

SusieJ said...

Love, love them!!
The first is my favourite.
You're obviously thoroughly enjoying the tutorials.
Hugs xx
p.s. just for research you understand...where was the cheapest place to buy that wonderful paint???

Carmen said...

Oh I really loved this lesson - even if I faked it ;) I'm loving how Soul Food is making me loosen up.

Your birdies must be spectacular in real life as I adore them on screen - love their characters - especially him down the bottom, he looks like he is rolling his eyes at something you said :D

Carmen said...

...Or trying to look a little to innocent ;)

sugar Creek said...

Ooooh I love them!