Sunday, 27 July 2014

31 Days of Printmaking Unleashed

I have been watching some
bloggers and flickr contacts joining in with
which is free.

Every day for the month of July
Traci provides an inspiration prompt
(whetting our appetite for her
new book, 

which was released in the
UK yesterday and has been
ordered by moi).

I am very late joining in,
but hope to complete the 31 prompts,
albeit a long time after everyone else.

Here are the first 6 days-worth.

Day 1 - Found Printing Tool


I used the end of a pencil sharpener.

*
Day 2 - Monoprint


Wheeee, another excuse to get my
Gelli plate out!!!

*
Day 3 - Hot Glue Stencil


My hot glue gun was a bit feeble, 
which made my hot glue stencils rather
feeble too :/
I have since found my more industrial
sized hot glue gun, so will have another
go another day.

*
Day 4 - Cardboard Stamp


I made a basic flower shape.


*
Day 5 - Flower Print


I tried using real flowers and printing
with them but that wasn't very successful,
so then I found some pizza polystyrene 
(I knew it would come in handy) and scored
some basic flower shapes into it.
I then pulled several prints.
Must eat more pizza 
(only for the polystyrene,
you understand!).

*
Day 6 - Carved Stamp


Two hand carved fishy stamps.
The background is a Gelli print,
found text.

*
I'm really enjoying this printing
exploration.  Why don't you join in too?
Click here for all the information.

XXX

10 comments:

Salla said...

Oh wow, I wish I'd known of this earlier! The projects you made are all really cool. I'll pop over to Tracy's site to see the rest of the prompts, for sure!

BadPenny said...

These are fabulous Jo. What fun. I like the daisy flower one & fishies best !! xx

sheila 77 said...

Your stamps are fabulous, and will come in handy for all sorts of art.
I love the fishes and the first one with the lone blue image, and your mono-printed leaves are great too.
Going to check out the link, thanks.

Amy Lynne said...

These are wonderful, and so inspiring, Jo!! :) I love your work. <3

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Jo, thanks so much for showing us all that you have unleashed!! Your printing is fabulous, I especially loved the first one, the found printing tool. And thanks for the link to the prompts too! I had not seen that and it's been a while since I have been to her site. Thank you. XO

Carmen said...

Love all of these but in particular the fishies. Once again I leave your blog having a little chuckle!

Denise Spillane said...

You are going to love the book! I have been following but not keeping up with my posts. Love your results

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh...this looks like so much fun Jo....may just have to check that link out ;) x

missy k said...

Love what you have done Jo. Looks like you have been having lots of fun!

My favourites are the fish and the pencil sharpener (love the blue one!)

Look forward to hearing what you think of the book.... going to resist for now (unless of course your review leads me astray!)

Going to check out the link though :)

Karen x

Terri Corona said...

OOh what fun! I love the pencil sharpener one - who'd have thought! I those fishy hand carved stamps are just darling!