Sunday, 20 July 2014

Summer of Color - Week 6

I'm back from my hol in the very beautiful
and the very sunny Zante!
There were 9 of us (including Missy K
and her family) and we had such 
wonderful family fun.  

One of the BIG highlights for me
was watching turtles swimming in the sea.
The beach nearest to our hotel was only a couple of 
minutes walk and is a turtle nesting beach.  
Turtles are protected by law :)



The colours chosen by
for the final week's SOC are
Raspberry
Tangerine
and a
Smudge Splash or Pop of
Lemon.

Now I know turtles aren't any of those colours 
but I really wanted to have a turtle on my
pages this week............

I loved the quote by Bill Copeland,

'try to be like a turtle
at ease in your own shell'





This is one of the turtles we saw :)

With many thanks to Kristin
for another year of summer arty fun.
Those 6 weeks just flew by!

XXX

12 comments:

missy k said...

Oh yes you did it!!!

This is my favourite SOC page :)

I love his smiley face... I didn't manage to capture a surfacing turtle!

Ha ha - one of my pages is about Molly!

Love to you all

Karen x

Jewels said...

Beautiful Jo - love the texture and the colours are perfect - your turtle looks a little more sleek than my big mama from the cottage - either way they are wonderful creatures...

froebelsternchen Susi said...

AMAZING! Love this!
Happy Summer of Colors!
xxx
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

sheila 77 said...

I really love your happy turtle and his amazing quote, and he looks perfect in these colours.
I liked your photograph too.

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is so fabulous, Jo! I absolutely love your magical page with the wonderful message!!! You used this week's colors beautifully. I have enjoyed the SOC and your inspiration this year! Thanks! And HUGS!

Kristin said...

Welcome home and thank you! xo

Linda K said...

welcome back! So glad you had a great family holiday. LOVE your sweet, colorful turtle with that quote!

Cindy McMath said...

Love this piece! And how lovely that it was inspired by your fun vacay! :)

krisatlarge said...

LOVE how you captured the texture of his shell! Beautiful use of the colors!

Monica said...

Nothing like a change of place and climate to relax with those you enjoy. We have turtle breeding areas on the Texas beaches and everyone tries to get down to see the Ridleys hatch.

Tan Kingston said...

Love the colours. Love the quote. Adore the turtle! xx

Caz said...

Ah your turtle is lovely!! I hope you had a fab holiday!