Sunday, 6 July 2014

You can never have too much Gelli.

It was a girls only Sunday afternoon
(Grant was working and Luke was out)
and as my usable pile of Gelli prints was 
much depleted, I suggested to Hope that
 we got the Gelli plates out.

It was her first time.......

What a lark!

We churned out prints
like our lives depended on it :D
Out of the many (and I mean many)
I produced, these are my favourites;



(Ghost prints really are my favourites)









But what I found really interesting was 
watching what Hope was doing.
She produced a couple of ok prints
following my basic instructions,
and then she produced this one -
WOW, I love it!

(Hope's)
And then she did this one,
layer upon layer upon layer.
The scanner hasn't picked up the shimmer
because she used metallic paints.
It's lush.

(Hope's)
I giggled inwardly when I noticed that she
started making the "ooooooooooh" sound 
when pulling her print.

She's hooked!!!!

16 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Looks great am off to look up gelli printing to find out what it is!

missy k said...


Looks like you had a fun and productive afternoon.

Such a brilliant variety of prints.

Karen x

Jewels said...

Wow mine are never that good ( yet lol ) wish I could have joined you...

ann @ studiohyde said...

You had fun and have ended up with such a great collection of prints, I love them all.

mandy w said...

these are lovely - i must get a geli in time for the summer hols - i am a virgin!

Miss Iowa said...

I have to laugh. A friend and I got together last week and did nothing but make gelli prints for 4 hours. It was so much fun. And in my blog post I also said that the ghost prints are my faves. :) Great stuff!!

Caz said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Tan Kingston said...

These are FAB-U-LOUS!! Golly looks like you had such a fun afternoon Jo. Now, I will admit that I haven't had my gelli plate out for a while but this post is whetting my appetite! My niece is pretty arty and I've bought one for her birthday so I plan to have a gelli session with her. Is there a book that you could recommend? X

Sarah said...

I make that oooooooooh noise tooooooooo :)

sparkle100-havealook.blogspot.com said...

i like all you did.

BadPenny said...

I think I'd be hooked too.... I see workshops ??!! What fun xx

Carmen said...

I really love the spotty one of Hope's! I need to play with my gelli! Been ages! You look like you've had loads of fun together - don't think Devvie is much impressed with gelli plating but then she is stressed out with art in general at the mo.

Gina said...

Such great results. I need to practise more!

Linda K said...

Oooooh I SO get it!!!! Fabulous prints! I have so many paper and deli paper prints that I have been committed to using them -before I make more(we'll see how long it lasts)and have posted Mon. and have another for the end of this week using them. Shear pleasure!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

what gorgeous prints. You are inspiring me to get my Gelli plate out again!

sheila 77 said...

These are the best gelli prints ever, love the ones with the flowers and leaves and the spots.