Sunday, 21 September 2014

What we did on our holiday

Hope and I went to the cinema this morning.
We had free tickets from
ShowFilmFirst
for a preview showing of


Starring 
Billy Connolly
David Tennant
Rosamunde Pike
Ben Miller
Annette Crosby
etc etc etc
this is a charming film.
It is made by the creators of the BBC's
and the three child actors are delightful.
Their unscripted conversations were
fresh and quirky.

The role played by Billy Connolly
(of whom I am a massive fan) was
particularly poignant, especially 
considering his own failing health.

And it had David Tennant in it ;)


Hope and I really enjoyed this film.
It wasn't quite what we were expecting
and it all was the better for it.
Yes it was unashamedly sentimental.
Yes, it was trying hard to be quirkily very British.
And yes, the ending might be cliched and predictable.

But it still had me from the first scene.

We give the film 10/10.

XXX


4 comments:

Carmen said...

The children were unscripted? that sounds fun :) I love Billy Connolly and David Tennant - will have to look out for this one :)

missy k said...

Sometimes cliched and predictable is good :)

I went to see a live screening of 'Street Car Named Desire' last week. Gillian Anderson was brilliant... I came home emotionally drained!!!!

Only just watched Philomena at the weekend - one of your recommendations I think... Such a sad story but an excellent film.

Karen x

Virginia said...

Ah sounds fab I shall watch out for this one with interest!

BadPenny said...

I'd love to see this x