Thursday, 4 December 2014

Interstellar

This evening I went to the cinema 
with Luke and Hope to see


I have to admit that I was not
particularly desperate to see this film,
but Luke was paying for me and it would have been churlish to refuse.

And now I'm glad I saw it.


The film stars
Matthew McConaughey
Anne Hathaway
Michael Caine
etc etc

and it addresses the issues of a dying world
and how and where mankind will live.

It's a long film, lasting nearly 3 hours
but it's a brilliant story, even when it went all
Christopher Nolan'ish with a 5th dimension
(it kinda made sense when I was watching it
and I'm no science geek).

I found the beginning a teeny-tiny bit slow
(although it was all necessary for building the story)
and for that I will take away a mark
and give the film

9 out of 10

although the music (by Hans Zimmer)
was fabulous, so I'll bump the score up to

9 1/2 out of 10.

XXX

6 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

My husband mentioned seeing it. We've got free passes to the theater that are good until the end of the year, so maybe we'll go see it and not let them go to waste. I love Anne Hathaway, and Matthew is pretty easy on the eyes... :-) But I'm glad you liked it, makes me think I probably will too!

Hope all is well with you!!

BadPenny said...

Matthew Mcc is fast becoming a very fine actor though I do still love him in chick flicks ! x

missy k said...

Livi and Alex just saw this and she recommended it too.... at 3 hours long though I think I better wait to watch it at home (pause button!)

I do love Matthew McConaughey ;)

Hope you have a wonderful trip and a very HB! Look forward to hearing all about it :)

Karen x

Terri Corona said...

I love your movie reviews - I wasn't sure about this one so it's good to hear you give it a thumbs up. Especially at this time of year, it's hard to decide what movies to see when they all come out at the same time. I'll definitely be seeing the last Hobbit movie, I do know that, I'm kind of a Hobbit geek.

Eileen said...

Sounds like a film my husband would enjoy. If you recommend it then I'm sure it's good!

Carmen said...

Devvie would watch this purely for Anne Hathaway - she's her girl crush. This one has bypassed me completely I must admit - this is the first I've heard of hit. 3 hours eh? Numb bum!