Thursday, 15 January 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 2

Look at me!
 Week 2 and keeping with 
everyone else (I'm sure it won't last so
I'm basking in the moment!).


January's theme is the blank page and how to face it,
and this week's challenge was to use gesso,
 and the journal prompt
is the quote by Mary Shelley, 

"The beginning is always today."

I used gesso as the background behind the text,
pressing a plastic shower mat into the gesso
while it was wet.  
I like the added texture this achieves.

I used a quote which develops the sentiments
of Mary Shelley's words.

I faced my two nemeses with this journal page;
noses and hands.  They still look a bit weird but
then I think they look weird in real life.

XXX

5 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Gosh, I think your week 2 page is amazing, JO! I never draw faces and yours is superb. I love your style of writing & painting too. What fun to be in this project with you!!!!

missy k said...

Good work Jo ....

Great nose job (!)and pretty hands too :)

Karen x

Terri Corona said...

How brave of you! I avoid hands like the plague! I think she turned out great.

SusieJ said...

I really like your woman....and the colour palette is one of my favourites!
Great use of a shower mat too!
Hugs xx
p.s. you're ahead of me ...working on page 1 still!

Carmen said...

Only you would think to press a shower mat into your paint :P Brilliant! Loving seeing what you are getting up to with the prompts Jo.

I need to start - but need to catch up on my maths first which I neglected a bit in my scramble to get my sketchbooks a bit healthier looking last week ;)