Friday, 23 January 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 3

It's Week 3 for
- The Journal -
and this week we were working with
the colour wheel as our prompt.

(Colour Yourself Healthy - Eat The Rainbow)

I was inspired by an M&S ad
and used the colours
 of fruit and vegetables on
my 'colour wheel'.

Background: gesso'd masking tape,
fruit and veg coloured with Inktense pencils.

Since we got little Missy last August
I have lost a few excess pounds in weight
(a daily hour long brisk walk 
with her has done that)
and I have been trying to be healthier
in my eating (and snacking) habits too.

This page reminds me to 
step away from the chocolate :)

XXX

8 comments:

missy k said...

Great sketching and colouring of the fruit and vegetables Jo.

Good luck eating your rainbow....

A little dark chocolate is meant to be good for you. Shame I don't like dark chocolate :(

Karen x

BadPenny said...

Inspirational Jo xx

Privet and Holly said...

I agree with Missy K ~
a little dark chocolate
is just what the doctor
ordered (mine does,
anyway)! Love your
color wheel concept.
Fruits and veggies
ARE colorful and
beautiful!

xo Suzanne

Jewels said...

We used to have Marks and Sparks in my home town many years ago - my Mum loved to go there to buy here British "treats"....miss those days....love your veggie wheel idea! Most excellent lol....

Virginia said...

gorgeous pages hun!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

when I visited Frieda in Scotland we had Marks & Spencers for dinner!!
I like how you made the healthy stuff into a color wheel to remind you to "step away from the chocolate" HA! :o))

Terri Corona said...

Wow Joanna, that's fantastic! Those gorgeous fruits and veg jump right off the page - makes me want to eat fruit salad!

Carmen said...

Absolutely love this! Brilliant idea and love the way you've done it. :D