Friday, 16 January 2015

'What's Your View?' Mail Art

I'm taking part in the 
'What's Your View' exhibition which is
going to be at the
at the

You can read all about it HERE.


I was inspired by the wonderful hoar frosts we've
had here recently, and which I've been enjoying
on my early morning dog walks.


I sent a 4x6 postcard.
The background is woven Gelli printed paper.
I stitched the plant skeleton
and added Stickles to simulate the frost.
The sequins sparkle like frost in the sunshine -
I glued some and left others loose in the
polythene cover.  
I 'frosted' this polythene cover with gesso,
and I fully expect/plan that this will get
scratched and scraped in transit.

I hope it arrives safely.

The exhibition runs from
 February 6th through to March 29th 2015.

XXX

13 comments:

BadPenny said...

Design & photograph are both beautiful

Terri Corona said...

Wow, I love this Joanna! What a great idea, and such a beautiful photo, I've never seen those here.

trisha too said...

Gorgeous postcard, and the photo of your inspiration is beautiful, as well!

:)

Privet and Holly said...

Hoar frost makes everything
so magical, and your picture
is a wonderful representation
of that magic : ) How divine that
it will be part of the exhibition!
It's beautiful.

xo Suzanne

SusieJ said...

This is beautiful Jo.
Love all the techniques.
Hugs xx

missy k said...

Project and photograph are both beautiful....

The sequins look really good .... I do love frost it makes everything look so pretty.

Karen x

Carmen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Just love what you did here Jo and knew straight away before I scrolled down which piccie you'd based it on. Wonderful stuff!

Carmen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Just love what you did here Jo and knew straight away before I scrolled down which piccie you'd based it on. Wonderful stuff!

Monica said...

Lovely
Monica

Linda Kunsman said...

this is superb Joanna-I LOVE your interpretation of the photo!

Karen Isaacson said...

gorgeous. the woven gelli prints make such a great background.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

This sounds like a great project Jo ... hope your piece gets there in time to be included in the show. I'm looking forward to seeing your WOW pages. Karen and I are warming to the prompts and having fun. Have a great weekend ahead. Love, Carolyn xx

arts4all said...

Clever YOU to translate nature into a beautiful piece of art!