Saturday, 7 March 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 9


February theme: Layers You Will Love!
This week's Art Challenge: Using At Least 5 Layers.
This week's Journal Prompt: Give Me a High 5

(You only know a part of me, I am a universe full of secrets)
There are many many layers to these pages,
many of which can barely be seen 
(including my secrets, journalled, 
and then painted over).

The silhouettes symbolise
5 aspects of me. 
The silver stars are heat embossed
and the 'planets' are 
Gelli prints on tissue paper.

Thank you for looking!

*
ps Please send positive and healing vibes
in our direction.  Our little guinea pig, Pimple, 
has, the vet suspects, a broken jaw, following
a fight with her (much bigger) sister, Poppet.
Pimple is on liquid feed and we are going to
see how she gets on over the weekend
before making a decision on Monday
(based on the vet's advice) :(

Edit: Sweet Pimple passed away this afternoon.
I shall miss her; she might have been
small but she was bursting with personality
and her funny little ways always made me laugh.
RIP Pimple.

XXX

6 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Dear jo, so sorry to hear the news of your pet guinea pig, healing vibes sent. xo
Your spread is fantastic. I am so happpy I finally caught up and finished week 9 before week 10 is announced! I will be posting it soon. HUGS.

Jewels said...

Another great spread Jo - I will say it again, you are a very clever gal! Hope Pimple recovers and Poppet got a sound telling off :(

BadPenny said...

I really like the idea of five aspects of you.

Poor Pimple xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Beautiful symbolism on your pages Jo! So sorry to hear about poor Pimple. My brothers had guinea pigs growing up and I thought they wee all separated because they tend to fight. Wishing for the best.

missy k said...

Very sorry to hear that Pimple didn't pull through.... poor Poppet will miss her as I guess they didn't fight all the time.

Another great spread Jo. Love the heat embossed stars:)

Karen x

Monica said...

Always sad to loose a pet.
Love what you have created for DLP.