Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 17


April Theme: Color safari
(exploring inks and paints)
Week 17 Art Challenge: Inks
Week 17 Journal Prompt: Before the Ink is dry


I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with my inks.
I LOVE what everyone else achieves with them but
generally HATE the muddy colours that I usually
end up with.  I never seem to be able to get the vibrant
colours that I want.  I know I should just practice a bit
to get better at it but I'm always too impatient.  

I want great results NOW!!

Also, why do I always forget to put
gloves on when I'm ink spraying?!
It takes forever to scrub that ink off my
fingers!

Anyway, so with these pages I did a spray
through stencils background 
(using Dylusions ink sprays) and used Inktense
pencils for the flowers.  I sprayed this with water,
allowing the water to dribble down the page, to 
give a rained on and washed out look.
I painted the letters with shimmery paint.

Not my most favourite pages ever but at least 
they got me to have another go with my ink sprays.  

XXX

5 comments:

BadPenny said...

aah well I find this very cooling like rain after a hot day enriching parched gardens.

xx

Jewels said...

I'm with you Jo. I actually have very few inks and prefer "making" my own with watered down acrylic paint. Not sure what I will do with the ink challenge yet. I think yours turned out lovely :)

missy k said...

I get your love/hate feelings with the inks....

I love the colours - don't find them too muddy but the overspray!!! Yes, and I always forget to put gloves on too!

I love your pages - they makes me think of a misted up car windscreen in the rain....

Kristin said...

Well, I think this is really pretty! It's really soft and etherial looking - and I love the drips. I have only just recently started using ink sprays - the Dylusions seem to be really good and vibrant - have you tried those? Over Gesso they really do pop! xo

Terri Corona said...

I feel the same way, I have quite a few spray inks but I feel like I always just make a mess and don't get the effect I want, and yes, stained fingers for days. Like you, if I'm not immediately good at something I lose patience. So good for you - I think it turned out really well, you really achieved that watery drippy effect.