Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 18


May Theme: Touchy Feely (texture)
Week 18 Art Challenge: Fabric
Week 18 Journal Prompt: The Fabric of Your Life


I was really inspired by the featured artist,
Melody Ross
and the wonderful journal pages she had created
clothing images of people with fabric.

I used a favourite photo I have of Luke and Hope
taken when they were aged about 6 and 8.


I didn't have fabric to match their original clothing
but the red and white polka dot fabric is perfect for
Hope's dress because they remind me of 'Jarmers', 
the precious PJ bottoms that she loved to carry 
around with her for a v-e-r-y long time ;)

Luke's shirt fabric suits his chilled, 
laid back personality.

I tried painting their faces but, oh my goodness,
they were horrific, so I cut out their faces from
the photo image and stuck it over the monstrosities
I had created, ha ha!

Luke and Hope are as different as chalk and cheese
(or warp and weft!)
but that just makes life more interesting.

I had great fun with these pages.
In fact, I've had great fun with all the
Documented Life Project pages - 
it isn't too late to join in if you would like to, 
people are jumping
on board all the time (and it's FREE!).

XXX



3 comments:

missy k said...

Love what you did! Ahhh I remember those pj's!!!!

Luke looks so much like Grant :)

Hope you have some nice sunshiny weather today....

Karen x

Terri Corona said...

Oh my gosh, that photo is so precious, and I love your new version of it. Very clever to create the weave pattern in the background.

BadPenny said...

Love the warp & weft idea. The new clothes are great - you could create a whole wardrobe like those cut cut dolls & clothes I remember so carefully doing !