Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 20


May theme: Touchy Feely (texture)
Week 20 Art Challenge: Modeling Paste
Week 20 Journal Prompt: Rising to the Occasion

(Always Rise Above the Drama)
Well, I spent a week looking (in vain) for 
my modeling paste. 


 Goodness knows where that's
hiding!
So, lacking modeling paste,
I used gesso through stencils,
and this still gave quite a lot of texture.


I used Neocolor IIs for colour,
and then a Stabilo All (black) to 
emphasise the bubbles.

The next DLP challenge needs cheesecloth -
now where did I put that cheesecloth....?

XXX



6 comments:

missy k said...

Yummy textures.... and good advice!

Cheesecloth? The 1970's perhaps ;)

Karen x

SusieJ said...

Love it Jo!
I must admit the "cheesecloth" took me back to the 70's.....lol!
Hugs xx

Lenna Young Andrews said...

oh my, I know I have cheesecloth somewhere, but first I must find my modeling paste!! : ) hee hee. Jo, you certainly rose to the occasion with gesso. I really like was you created!

Caz said...

I hope you find your modelling paste.....and also some cheesecloth :-P I think you got great texture with the gesso, I can't imagine ever getting something so good from gesso :-P

Monica said...

if it's with the cheese you will smell it first!
You are getting to be a gesso expert!
I'm not sure but I think I commented on this page on the site or on FB. Confusion is setting in.
Monica in warm wet texas.

Carmen said...

Another motto to live by. Goes well with your most recent one! This is turning out to be an amazing book Jo - plus, I need to check out these Stabilo All pencils!