Sunday, 31 May 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 22


May theme: Touchy Feely (texture)
Week 22 Art Challenge: Textured Paper
Week 22 Journal Prompt: I'm so not feeling it.

(Really, I'm fine.  I'm so not feeling it.)
I dug deep in my paper stash and found this
canvas effect pearlised cardstock, onto which I
brushed a light coat of gesso.  I used an image
from a magazine, rearranging her physically
(head and arm), and having stuck her on the
background and prepared her with clear gesso,
I painted over the top with acrylic paint.


So what's this all about?

She is me and on her head is the heavy crown of
responsibility that I bear as a wife and mother.
The birdie symbolises my family, who I cherish
and nurture.

The words, "Really, I'm fine.  I'm so not feeling it."
are true - sometimes it's hard work growing up and
being responsible for others, but I really don't mind,
it's what I always wanted.

As Hope said, "Phew Mum, you've gone deep with 
this one!"

XXX


3 comments:

missy k said...

Very deep yes! The bird is poised to take flight too.....

Lovely work!

Karen x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I love where you took this Jo and what you did with the magazine image! Excellent, and not too deep . . . meaningful. High Praise from me!

Linda Kunsman said...

this is wonderful and I love how you are always so creative with magazine imagery!