Sunday, 7 June 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 23


June Theme - Travel Journaling
Week 23 Art Challenge - Illustrative Art Journaling
Week 23 Journal Prompt - Take Me Away


My pages were inspired by Grant and my visit to 
Winchelsea Beach just last week.
We had such a lovely day.


I took this photograph while I was
sitting on a blanket on the stones, soaking up the
sunshine and just loving the peace and quiet.

I gesso'd the pages and while the gesso
was still wet I drew 'pebbles', pressed in 
sequin waste for the sparkling sea and finally 
pressed in builders tape for the cloudy sky.
Once I'd painted them I lightly rubbed down 
the gesso.  I painted my feet (and silver pumps)
with acrylic paint.

Thank you for looking!

XXX





4 comments:

Virginia said...

Jo I love the pages - snap shot in time - literally!

missy k said...

Fab pages..... and happy memory captured :)

Karen x

Caz said...

What a lovely page! I love the look of the pebbles, I find it very calming for some reason!

BadPenny said...

That's lovely Jo. Nice & summery x