Thursday, 18 June 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 24


June Theme: Travel Journaling
Week 24 Art Challenge: Recording Memories
Week 24 Journal Prompt: Taking the Road Less Travelled


Where we take Missy for a walk is beautiful.
Lovely fields, rivers and woodland.
The farmer has, helpfully, carved a pathway
through the fields which, for some, 
makes a practical short-cut.


We never take this path.


We prefer to walk the long way ,
round the outside of all the fields.


We enjoy taking in the sights and sounds of
nature, which we wouldn't otherwise experience.


For these pages I roughly painted over photos
of my family and dogs enjoying taking the
long route.


Creating these pages brought back so many
happy memories.


Thank you for looking!

XXX

8 comments:

BadPenny said...

totally delightful Jo. I love your painting of Missy with her little bright eyes x

Rolina said...

A lovely walk as well as lovely work!

trisha too said...

Joanna, I REALLY like your painted over photos--very evocative.

:)

Virginia said...

Jo that really is a gorgeous layout - I love all the memories!

Linda Kunsman said...

I need you to teach me how to do this-your paint over work is brilliant Jo!!

Terri Corona said...

I LOVE the way you painted over those photos! An absolutely fabulous effect, gives them so much warmth and character and charm. You just painted in acrylics straight over them, after you printed them out on paper? Wonderful!

Joanna said...

Thank you for your lovely comments! Regarding painting over the photos (which I printed onto standard printer paper), before painting on top I brushed on a coat of clear gesso. This strengthens the paper and also adds a key for the paint to adhere to.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I am in love with your painted treatment of these photos and your journal page. I feel like I am watching you dive into your art projects and take off with steam heat! Awesome journal page, Jo! ❤🌟❤🌟❤🌟✔✔❤❤ p.s. I like it!!