Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Summer of Color is BACK!

As sure as the cuckoo heralds the start of Spring,
so the Summer of Color arrives to welcome
the summer sunshine.

6 weeks of FREE arty inspiration.

Lovely Kristin has been generously
 running Summer of Color for
5 YEARS now
and I feel privileged to have taken part
in every single one.

I always work in my little Moleskines,
which measure just 14cm x 9cm, and
I'm half way through my second book.


I love looking back at previous years' work
and seeing how my style has changed and
developed over the years.


I totally credit Summer of Color
with helping me to try new things and work on my
painting skills, in particular.


When looking at the pages I can often remember
events that were happening in my life at that time.
Some wonderful, some not so.


The feedback from the other people taking part
is always so generous and kind - 
everyone appreciates that we are there to have fun.


There is a prize each week for a lucky person
chosen at random. 
 I have never won it but friends have.

I'll keep my fingers crossed,
although that isn't what I'm doing it for.


I'm doing it for the inspiration,
the art challenge, and
the joy of being part of something 
FABULOUS!


Are you going to join in too?

For more information,
click HERE!

I hope to see you there!

6 comments:

Rolina said...

Lovely work - I am looking forward to seeing what you do during the SOC challenge (my first, eeeeee)!

BadPenny said...

How exciting Jo.... I might just click !!!1

Monica said...

I think I joined it but the plethora of buttons, groups, to join is a little confusing.
Like you summary of the years.

Linda Kunsman said...

OOOOH- I will be there too!!! I think this is only my third year. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous books and entries Jo-a brilliant way to look back on your art thru the years.

Plush Possum Studio said...

Are there rules for this? And is a round robin, or just a chance to share our various pages/spreads?
Please email me with the details, if there's time!
:)
Rose

Emma Sims said...

Your pages are fabulous!