Sunday, 14 June 2015

Summer of Color - Week 1

Summer of Color 2015 is up and running
and the colour prompt for the first week is

blue - blue - green.

Our choice of 2 blues, our choice of green.


I was inspired by a piece of 
fishy Decopatch-type paper I found
lurking in a stash drawer,
and so my colour choices are;

Indigo - Coeruleum Hue - Leaf Green


I painted a swimmer lady 
(with funky flowery swimming hat)
and lots of bubbles.  
You know I like to do bubbles :)
Finally, I added found text.

I was working in my little Moleskine book
and I found it quite difficult, 
having been working
in my much larger art journal 
for Documented Life Project.

Remember,
"You're more than just a number."

XXX







13 comments:

Virginia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jo

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love what you did with the first week's SOC colors! Your pages look amazing. I especially like her cool swimming cap and your sentiment!!

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant entry JO-I LOVE that background of fishes and bubbles!

Carmen said...

Perfection! She looks so happy in her funky swimming hat. I just love those bubbles!

Kristin said...

xo

Rolina said...

This is just great - you are off to a brilliant start!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Bright and beautiful. Lovely use of this week's colors!

Paper rainbow said...

This is lots of fun! Lovely use of colours

Miss Iowa said...

Fabulous! Your bubbles are bubbelicious. :)

Julia - Vintage with Laces said...

Very cool and fabulous! The flowery swimming hat made me giggle :).

BadPenny said...

Oh memories of flowery swimming hats ! Gorgeous colour choice & bubbly bubbles x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I thought you might be working in that moleskin again, yum! I will have to try that myself. Quite a size difference in page real estate. Still groovin on your style, Jo!

Terri Corona said...

I love the sentiment, and wow, you are officially the queen of bubbles, those are amazing. And the swimming cap and goggles - pefect! Plus you successfully tackled teeth, they always intimidate me.