Thursday, 25 June 2015

Summer of Color - Week 3

has reached Week 3 and the set colours are

Purple - Purple - Yellow


It took me a while to find the right colours,
previous attempts were too pink-toned.


I finally settled on a strange mish-mash of

- Dyna-Flow Violet - 
- Inktense Violet - 
- Acrylic Cadmium Yellow Hue -

The background is mixed washi tape patchwork,
gessoed lightly (I also scribbled into the wet gesso)
and coloured with Dyna-Flow taken from the pansy.  
I also added some purple Twinkling H20 to the flower 
which adds a lovely shimmer.
A little bit of Inktense splatter and 
the quote by LM Montgomery 

"Nobody can keep on being angry if she looks
into the heart of a pansy for a little while."

and it was done :)

Thank you Kristin for this fabulous challenge,
which I am so enjoying.

Thank you for looking!

XXX

22 comments:

Rolina said...

It shows that you enjoyed this - lovely piece, it has just dawned on me, looking at your pansy, that white works very well with this combination, too!

Julia - Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Joanna, Your pansy is beautiful and I love the background and the quote as well.

Robyn Oliver said...

Just gorgeous Joanna, I love your pansy

Sharon Fritchman said...

Pansies are one of my favorite flowers, Joanna! I absolutely love what you did with this week's colors. Your work of art is beautiful, and I love the quote, too. PERFECT!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at SOC! HUGS!

Susan Carol said...

I love pansies and what a perfect choice for this week's colours. Your picture is beautiful, you've really captured it and I love the quote too.

ULKAU said...

Such a lovely 'Stiefm├╝tterchen'! (its name in german) Ulrike

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning pansy!

Love and hugs
Maarit

BadPenny said...

Beautiful. Pansies have such cute little faces x

Linda Kunsman said...

that is such a beautiful pansy Jo-well done!

Valerie said...

Beautiful journal spread!

Monica said...

There is so much inspiration in England with all the beautiful flowers. this is very pretty.

Terri Corona said...

You achieved the most GORGEOUS purple - it's not normally one of my favorite colors, but I just love your page.

Neena said...

Such a beautiful job on the pansy. Wonderful!

helena said...

love how you went big with your gorgeous pansy

sue :) said...

Lovely journal page of pansy, the SOC colours this week are fab for your project. x

Giggles said...

Gorgeous flower, and powerful quote...love how it all comes together so beautifully!!

Hugs Giggles

Kristin said...

xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought some of my purple choices were a bit too pink, too. Like you, I finally found suitable colors, but not before I made mud a few times. I really, really, REALY love your pansy.

itsamistry said...

Love pansies and this one is stunning. Anita - Itsamistry Design Studio #82

Lorraine said...

A beautiful pansy - perfect for this color combo!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

really lovely flower :)

Caz said...

Its so bright and bold, I love it!