Wednesday, 8 July 2015

End of an Era

So my baby-girl Hope has completed
her two year course at college studying
Art and Design.

She has had a fabulous couple of years,
working hard but also having lots of fun.
She made some great friends and
has developed artistically.


She recently showed her final pieces
 in the Art Department's end of year show.
She had made a steampunk figure
(with a tragic backstory) and his stylised kelpie
(half horse half fish, mythical creature).


Throughout the course, for every project,
 she has scored 100%
and came away at the end of both years
with Triple Distinction *,
the first time this has been awarded to an
 Art and Design student at the college.

(Kelpie head close-up - Hope is going to mount his head on a board, lol)
So what next for Hope?
Well she's got a year out, in which she's going to
work wherever/whenever she can,
and also help us sort out and decorate the house
prior to our move (she's very good at organising me!).

(Dental hygiene is very important to kelpies!)
In September 2016 she will be going to
Art University Bournemouth to study Model Making.

To say we are proud of her would be an understatement!
XXX




11 comments:

BadPenny said...

Huge congratulations to Hope. Her Kelpie is fabulous. Hope looks great in her stylish outfit. Good luck to her & wishing her a bright artistic future xx

Gina said...

Rightly proud... Congratulations Hope. Fabulous work and I love her personal style too!

Jewels said...

Wow - time has just flown by! I remember you talking about her STARTING her two years....and here she is graduating with high honours! Congratulations to Hope and I know you are one proud MAMA :)

Julia - Vintage with Laces said...

Big congratulations to your beautiful Hope! Her artwork is stunning! I love her outfit too. I wish her all the best and a very successful future.

missy k said...

Brilliant!

Well done Hope :)

Karen x

carolann said...

Oh my Congratulation's for your daughter Hope. She is really a stylish dress gal herself. From top to bottom.

Love her outfit and hair style.

I can see why she is a honored student.

Very creative.

You must for sure be a happy proud Mother.

Virginia said...

Truly amazing work Jo I'm not surprised that you are so proud of her

Linda Kunsman said...

congratulations to Hope!! What an amazing accomplishment and talent -and a gorgeous girl too!

Terri Corona said...

Oh my gosh, you must just be bursting with pride! That Kelpie is absolutely amazing. (And I can't believe it's already been two years, it seems like she was just starting!)

Giggles said...

Congratulations to your beautiful and bright daughter! Good for her! You must feel elated at her success!! Wonderful artwork too!

Hugs Giggles

Carmen said...

Oh! I so want to know the tragic back story! This is such an amazing piece of work - I can't wait to see what see does next! (I still treasure my tag she did when we met up!)