Thursday, 2 July 2015

Summer of Color - Week 4


Week 4 colour prompts
Red - Red - Metallic

(Every Life is Precious)
These pages are lined with washi tape
which I then gave a thin coat of white gesso.
The butterfly is more golden 'in the flesh'
than it appears in the photograph.
I tinted it a rosy hue with the Inktense pencil.


I used:
Cadmium Red Deep Hue acrylic paint
 Inktense pencil: Shiraz 
 Iridescent Bronze Fluid Acrylic

The metallic paint is
Golden Fluid Acrylic Iridescent Bronze
and it is SO lovely to use.
When it comes into contact with water the pigment
separates and it leaves a lovely green colour.

I enjoyed creating these pages :)

Thank you for looking!

XXX


18 comments:

Virginia said...

Utterly.gorgeous and definitely your colours

Monica said...

Very nice Joanna. I have never used fluid acrylics. I wish I knew how to get metallic paints to shine on an image on a computer screen. That was clever to gesso over the washi tape. it made a great background.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Yes, every life is precious! I absolutely love you gorgeous work of art made with this week's SOC colors!

Tracy said...

Beautiful use of the colours! And yes, every life is precious.

sue :) said...

Love your pages this week. x

Linda Kunsman said...

love that Golden brand bronze too:) Your page is fantastic and I love your lettering too Jo!

Susan Carol said...

How beautiful! Love your butterfly with the bronze and the lettering is wonderful.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful. Have a great weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Ruth said...

Beautiful pages, just lovely! Ruth x

Terri Corona said...

What a wonderful butterfy - and I need some of that golden bronze paint - I love the effect!

Gina said...

Beautiful!

Kristin said...

xo

Lorraine said...

I love the graphic beauty of this. Wonderfully done!

Valerie said...

Absolutely beautiful butterfly!

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh yes, I just love your page...beautiful and I bet it really is much nice in the flesh

LonettA said...

Absolutely beautiful spread! I love it!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

very pretty and eye catching! :)

Giggles said...

This is such a great message!! Another powerful one, from an obviously sage lady! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Giggles