Thursday, 1 October 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 38

Documented Life Project

September Theme - Journaling with Photos
Week 38 Art Challenge - Silhouettes
Week 38 Journal Prompt - There is no shadow without the light.


I found a magazine photo of a little boy holding out a 
balloon to a little girl - I changed the balloon into a heart
to show him offering her his love.

Quite simply, love overshadows everything.

Gold and silver acrylic paint background,
Paynes Grey acrylic paint silhouettes, shadows
and lettering, rubbed back with sandpaper.

XXX



4 comments:

BadPenny said...

Your hearts are delightful xx

Missy K said...

Love it... reminds me of a 'Banksy' :)

Karen x

Terri Corona said...

I love the sanding, and that sunburst effect with that really soft yellow. Very sweet.

Carmen said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Jo. I love the colours in those silhouettes (I have such a soft spot for silhouettes) love that they are so soft and warm and not just black (guilty!) The whole thing just radiates out of the screen! x