Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 40

Documented Life Project

October Theme - Translucent Papers
Week 40 Art Challenge - Deli Paper
Week 40 Journal Prompt - You Had Me At Hello

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn
For the background, I used Gelli printed Deli paper in strips
to symbolise the gradual changing of season from
Summer to Autumn.

The temperatures have definitely dropped here
this week and I even put the fire on in the 
sitting room - Missy was very happy!

I'm feeling very happy because I just saw the most
beautiful double rainbow from my front window -
probably the best I have ever seen.


Even though I'm no longer a child,
I still think rainbows are really rather
 magical and exciting.

XXX

9 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

very beautiful - everything here!

polydactyl said...

Very nice pages with beautiful colors. And rainbows are ALWAYS magical and special. I think a big part of the excitement is because they are always a surprise. It always makes me feel happy too.

trisha too said...

Oooh, don't you love printing on the deli papers? Your pages are lovely . . . but that double rainbow, that is absolutely fantastic!

Thank you for sharing it!

:)

Eileen said...

I love the colours of autumn and I like how you depicted the gradual change. I put our gas fire on this week and our little dog went to lie in front of it too!

I love to see rainbows as well. I always wonder where they start and where they end :)

Jewels said...

Gorgeous interpretation of challenge and love your transition - Rainbow a bonus for sure lol

Terri Corona said...

I love your welcome to Autumn - I'm SO ready for it to arrive here. And that rainbow is absolutely amazing - they're still magical to me too.

Linda Kunsman said...

oooh any rainbow holds magic and awe -and a double rainbow-wow! Gorgeous season transition pages Jo!

BadPenny said...

Love these pages Jo. Frankie cat adores lying on the kitchen windowsil over the radiator.
Stunning rainbow. I too get excited to see them; there is something very magical about them x

Missy K said...

A double rainbow is a special, happy making sight. I hope I never stop enjoying seeing rainbows :)

More lovely pages Jo... I love how you have shown the change of the seasons.

Karen x