Monday, 19 October 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 41

Documented Life Project

October Theme - Translucent Papers
Week 41 Art Challenge - Tissue Paper
Week 41 Journal Prompt - The Disappearing Trick


The background is a patchwork of patterned 
and painted tissue paper,
but it's now mostly covered up with acrylic paint.

The dress forms are printed onto patterned tissue.

These pages are all about me getting older
and how I (sometimes, and on a bad day) view myself 
as gradually becoming
less visible (thankfully not to Grant!).

XXX

6 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

this is a very poignant and beautiful journal spread Jo. Sometimes I feel the same way and I bet there are lots of others who do sometimes too. You captured the whole essence of this wonderfully.

polydactyl said...

I love this one! I have absolutely felt less visible to others outside of my circle as I've gotten older. Makes me wonder if it is something I've actually changed in my presentation or simply that my graying hair has become a cloak of invisibility. :)

Eileen said...

I really like what you have done here. I can definitely confirm that we become less visible as we age. I think it starts when the children leave home, and then retiring from work, we lose part of our identity.

BadPenny said...

Having fallen recently & now hobbling about, I feel very old... but not quite disappeared yet !

Monica said...

Love this page. The prompts are beginning to freeze me up. I stated with the tissue paper and nothing showed through then I painted it even worse. Now vellum! OK for cards or working digitally. Your work is very good and always interesting in technique and content.
Monica

Missy K said...

You are doing such a great job with this project Jo....

Maybe it's just me... but sometimes I like feeling invisible. I much prefer looking at other people than being looked at myself.... if you know what I mean ;)

Karen x