Saturday, 24 October 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 42

Documented Life Project

October Theme - Translucent Papers
Week 42 Art Challenge - Vellum
Week 42 Journal Prompt - Sheer Genius

"It is up to you to see the beauty of everyday things."
I cut circles in the vellum to reveal the
'everyday things' beneath.


Week 42?!
Only 10 more to go for DLP 2015.

The Art To The 5th girls have teased us with their
plans for 2016 but no details have been revealed yet!


*
Ps Top Son Luke is back home from Uni
for a week's visit -
it's so lovely to see him again
(and yes, he brought a massive bag of 
dirty washing with him!). 

XXX

7 comments:

Missy K said...

More amazing pages.... and so true!

I love your illustrations and you 'did' feathers!!!!

Can you see the beauty in Luke's laundry? ;)

I wonder if I will be able to follow your excellent example and do better in next years DLP?

Off now to investigate......

Karen x

BadPenny said...

love the use of velum. lovely pages Jo. Phew ! dirty uni washing but enjoy Luke being home !!!

Linda Kunsman said...

I LOVE the lettered page on the left and the everyday imagery is really sweet! Happy days having your son home awhile. Oh but THAT laundry....I know:):)

Eileen said...

Enjoy your week with your son. Hope you manage to get all that washing dry and ironed!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I love how you used the vellum Jo. It is very effective! And enjoy Lukes's visit :o)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love the page Jo, and the thought is a perfect one to remember! Does laundry count as one of those "every day things" :-)!!!!

Have a great week!!

Monica said...

It looks interesting, next year, possible just the tease. I decided these weekly thing keep me grounded. Depending on what it is I am planning to use 3-ring binders that I will make. I am fed up with trying tackle a huge hill on the page with all the bulk. I also checked out rukristin.com blog and decided that i do not have enough organizexd and tidy genes for that style. Whereas everyone else seems to be trying to get out of their box I have never been in one.
your page is very good.
Have a lovely day washing( had a next door neighbor who cried when son got married as she would never get to do his laundry in the future!!!!!!