Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 45

Documented Life Project

November Theme - Stencils, Stamps and Masks
Week 45 Art Challenge - Stencils, made or bought
Week 45 Journal Prompt - On the edge of uncertainty...what are you afraid of?


It took me ages to decide what it is that I am most afraid of,
(apart from SPIDERS, of course!!).
I got to thinking about people close to me,
and people close to friends and family of mine, who have
suffered with Alzheimers Disease and similar.
It was so distressing watching them losing the 
essence of what made them 'them'.

So this is my biggest fear, losing myself.

I used two stencils,
and three different paint colours with
each to add dimension.

XXX

5 comments:

BadPenny said...

Gorgeous colour scheme & design. I fear losing my mind too x

Eileen said...

I can recommend a good film called " Still Alice". I bought it to watch on holiday. It was very moving, about a professional woman with early onset Alzheimer's disease. It was very poignant as my husband's mother suffered from Alzheimer's disease before she died.
You captured this perfectly Joanna, it's a very cruel illness. It's my greatest fear too.

Linda Kunsman said...

Such a heartfelt page and thought Jo. If only we could have diseases just go extinct rather than animals and nature...

Terri Corona said...

Well done - I also can't imagine anything worse...

Missy K said...

A beautiful page for a horrible thought...

Karen x