Thursday, 10 December 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 47

Documented Life Project

November Theme - Stamps, Stencils and Masks
Week 47 Art Challenge - Use a Mask
Week 47 Journal Prompt - 'Mask'erade

Losing the Mask
Now, I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the box,
but I really cannot get my head around the difference between a stencil and a mask.
They both seem the same to me, 
and kinda do the same job.

And thank you, but don't try and explain either - 
I suspect it's like the offside rule in football 
which has been explained to me so many times but
still makes no sense.
And cricket - goodness only knows how cricket works!

So to avoid confusion and to keep 'on task'
I used masking fluid (for the filigree mask).
It didn't turn out as finely detailed as I was hoping
but I still quite like the effect it achieved and I 
will be using masking fluid again.

Beware, masking fluid RUINS brushes, so don't
use one you particularly like!


XXX



6 comments:

BadPenny said...

love love love this ! x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

The colors are so rich Jo. I think you did a fantastic job whether you understand "the rules" or not!

Eileen said...

It's lovely and I know nothing of any rules :)

Terri Corona said...

This is SO beautiful! Very rich and Venetian... I sometimes think I grasp the difference between stencils and masks, but then lose it...

Kristin said...

Beautiful as usual ;) Just wasted to wish you and your family a VERY merry Christmas!! xoxo

Mrs Bertimus said...

Oo I love this!
So beautiful X