Saturday, 30 January 2016

Novel Approach - Art Journal Workshop

Tammy Garcia at Daisy Yellow
is a font of creative inspiration.
The inside of her head must be such a beautiful place!
(You may recall that she is responsible 
for the ICAD phenomenon).

Tammy also runs online workshops
and I recently signed up to


I'm working in two books - 
a 1970s copy of a cookery book
(lots of recipes for boiled pigs heads etc, bleugh!)
and a child's Nature book.
Unfortunately my guinea pigs chewed 
beyond use the other book
(a Thomas the Tank Engine one) 
- that'll teach me for leaving it within
reach of the adorable stumpy legged little critters!


Collaged inspiration pages help me decide how I
want the books to 'feel'.


I enjoyed playing with heavy body acrylic paints.


I haven't used them before.


And I like the underpapers just as much :)


I REALLY enjoyed creating these Crazy Heart pages - 
Tammy suggests so many things to try.


She also encourages us to not strive for perfection,
but to just enjoy the process.


I have embraced this aim whole heartedly, 
and I'm loving it!
  

Finally (so far - I've got loads more lessons 
to do yet) we were prompted to create a cafe.
The one I created is a cabin in the woods, with windows
looking out onto the trees beyond, so we can
enjoy all the seasons throughout the year.
The cafe is called 'Gezellig'
(Dutch word, adj. Describes much more than just cosiness - a positive emotion or feeling rather 
than just something physical - and connotes
time spent with loved ones, togetherness).

I have really enjoyed the Facebook Group created 
for this workshop (and another workshop 
due to be launched some time soon, I think).

I can totally recommend Tammy's workshops,
she is so giving of herself, her ideas and techniques -
and they are such FUN!

Pop along to Daisy Yellow by clicking
and see if there's something
that tickles your fancy :)

XXX







9 comments:

Jewels said...

TOTALLY Agree Jo and your spreads have been awesome to see :)

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Excellent post Jo, I've really been enjoying your sharing of what you're doing for the wksp in the FB group! So glad we are there together :)

SueM said...

Lovely to see your work in one place ...gorgeous pages Jo!

Eileen said...

Lovely to see your art, they are all really good.
Naughty little guinea pigs, maybe they chewed the wrong book...boiled pigs heads!!!!

Emma Sims said...

This looks fab! Will have to have a look at the lessons :)

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant projects Jo!! Love the painted pieces and your collage compositions are fantastic! I can see how inspired you are by this class:)

Maggi said...

I love your work, this workshop looks like so much fun!

Terri Corona said...

This looks like a really fun class - good to see you so inspired by it! You're off to a great start.

Down by the sea said...

Hi Joanna, Thank you for visiting me via Ann. How exciting to be moving to Bridport soon. Although we only moved from Weymouth 15 months ago,we wished we had moved here earlier! I'm sure you will both love it. There is always so much going on, the local food is great and the walks are wonderful! Keep in touch and if you want any further tips let me know! Your collages are amazing !Sarah x